Thursday, October 11, 2007

My little town

My new home for the next 8 years was a small city in the South Dakota that I shall call Btown. Keep in mind however that the word small is a relative term. What do I consider small? For starters, I grew up in Egypt in Mansoura - a beautiful city on the Nile with a population of about 2 million. However, Mansoura is very small compared to Cairo - a city of about 20 million. So how big is Btown? or rather, how small is Btown? It's about 1.25% as big as Mansoura and 0.125% as big as Cairo. Btown turned out to be just another small town in the middle of no where. It didn't help that we arrived in late November when the weather was below freezing and there was snow on the ground already.
Btown is mainly a college town. It has a school with about 10,000 students and three elementary schools, a middle school, high school, one large grocery store, and a Super Walmart. All I cared about however was how many tennis courts the town had - I loved tennis

No comments: